Monday, November 11, 2013

Paleo Baked Salmon Recipes – Herb Crusted Salmon


I have to be honest, I don't enjoy cooking all that much. But in order to follow the paleo diet cooking has to be a big part of my life. No more can I run out to my favorite fast food joint and pick up a burger. I have to cook at home. One thing I look for when I am looking for paleo friendly recipes is ease. I don't need anything complicated and I don't need anything that will take forever to prepare.

Chances are you are the same way. And if you are looking for a simple paleo baked salmon recipe you have come to the right place. With this article I am going to share a simple herb crusted salmon recipe with you. Overall it will take you less than 25 minutes to create this recipe. 5 minutes to prep everything and about 15 to 20 minutes to cook it. Simple and fast. Just what I like!



List of ingredients for herb crusted salmon:
  • 2 salmon fillets (6oz each)
  • 1 heaping tablespoon coconut flour
  • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (or dried, if you have on hand)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Sounds good already doesn't it? Let's jump in and get to the nitty gritty. The first thing you need to do is preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Get a baking sheet and line it with either foil or parchment. Take the two salmon fillets and place it on the baking sheet.

Grab the olive oil and the dijon mustard and put it on top of the salmon. Rub it over the top and sides of the salmon. The next step is to mix the parsley, salt, pepper and coconut flour in a small mixing bowl. Get a spoon and use it to sprinkle your toppings over the salmon. You will need to use your hand to pat it down into the salmon.


Use cooking gloves if you don't want to touch or feel the meet. Once you have covered it with all the toppings you will need to put it in the oven for about 15 minutes. You want to cook it to your desired preference. If you want it medium rare cook it for 12 minutes.

That's basically it. Just sit back and wait for your herb crusted salmon to finish cooking. Now its all about figuring out what sides you want to put with it. I love broccoli and almost always eat it with my salmon. However, you can choose any vegetable you like. Asparagus also goes great with salmon. You can even eat it with a salad if you prefer.

Since this is a paleo recipe be sure to use olive oil on your salad instead of regular dressing. Its healthy for you and has way fewer calories. You can even throw in a sweet potato or some brown rice for your carb source. Whatever you do just make sure its well balanced.
For more healthy paleo salmon recipes visit paleosalmonrecipes.com

[image credited to paleoaholic]